The City of Austin is developing a new comprehensive growth plan called Imagine Austin and they are asking for everyone’s input. According to our city charter, Austin must have a plan in place for how we will steer development and growth in our area. This new plan will fulfill the charter and help us to approach our population growth in a smart, consistent manner.
Now is the time to Speak Up!
So often we hear complaints that Government doesn’t know what they are doing or that they don’t listen to the needs and desires of the citizenry. Now is your chance to influence decisions that will shape our community for the next 25 years. If you don’t speak up now when you have the chance, then you are missing an opportunity to tell our local leaders what matters to you the most. Here’s what you can do to help:
- Visit the Imagine Austin website and view the video that explains the goals of the process and offers a look at the potential plans being considered.
- View the Imagine Austin brochure on the same website to read more about the process and to view the planning maps under consideration.
- Take the survey at the Imagine Austin website and give your feedback into what matters most to you. The survey is only available until Friday, Dec. 10.
- Pass this information along to anyone you know who you think would like to have the opportunity to share their opinions. Post it on your blog, website, or facebook page and invite others in Austin to help us define a smart growth plan that reflects the views of the people who live here.
- Attend an Imagine Austin Open House. There are two currently scheduled:
Monday, December 13, 2010, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Austin City Hall, 301 W. 2nd Street
Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road, Room 325
Be the change that you’d like to see…take a moment to tell the City of Austin how you think our future should look. If you don’t, then you are walking away from the chance to make sure that our local governmental leaders hear our concerns and views while making these important decisions that will shape the city for years to come.
We are all very fortunate to live in such an amazing city. But we’re not the only ones who know how great it is. People are moving here in droves led by the promise of a good life surrounded by good people; solid job opportunities; a healthy and vibrant lifestyle; great music, food, art, and recreation; strong educational opportunities; and the dream of success and happiness. It is our duty to help Austin to make the right choices so that we can all continue to enjoy the lifestyle that this area has to offer…for years to come.